We only collect personal data and never sensitive personal data such as gender, home contact details, ethnicity, religion, political affiliation or sexuality. Our method of collection is one of the following, and in all cases is or has been based on an indication of legitimate interest in Volante Technologies:
- Online via Volante Technologies website (the “Site”) registration
- An enquiry directly via the Site or to a Volante Technologies employee
- Direct personal receipt of your business card
- Through an express ‘opt-in’ related to an industry event
- Registrations for Volante Webinars, White Papers, etc.
You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal data about yourself. Once you give us your personal data via the Site registration process, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with your personal data this will only be used for the Purpose and never distributed to third parties other than those that Volante Technologies use for the Purpose. We may collect and store the following Personal Data:
- Your name and surname (without salutation or gender);
- Your business or work email address;
- Your business address;
- Your mobile phone number for business purposes;
- Your business landline phone number;
- Your job title or role;
- Your company name;
- Your areas of business interest; and
- You communication preferences with Volante Technologies.
We don’t sell or rent the personal data that you share with Volante Technologies to third parties for any purpose without your explicit consent. If you don't wish to receive sales and marketing communications from Volante Technologies, you may unsubscribe by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located at the end of any marketing communication from Volante Technologies or on the Site if you are a Registered User. Unsubscribing as a non-registered user will result in Volante Technologies upholding your right to ‘be forgotten’. Registered users can log into their account on the Site and review their account privacy settings and exercise their right to be forgotten should they wish to do so.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal data is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal data to:
- Provide the services and customer support you request;
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- Customize, measure, and improve our services and the Site’s content and layout; and
- Share market commentary, Volante newsletter, product and service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences.
Our Disclosure of Your Data
We may disclose personal data to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal data with:
- Employees and agents of Volante Technologies in order to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts;
- Service providers under contract who help with our business operations;
- Other third parties to whom you explicitly give consent to share your data with us;
- Those serving apparently valid subpoenas; and
- Other business entities, should we plan to merge with, or be acquired by that business entity.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy we will not otherwise disclose your personal data except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Ours is a global business and we use global cloud based platforms. For us to provide our services to you, your personal data may be stored outside of the European Economic Area. Your Personal Data may be accessed by Volante Technologies staff outside the European Economic Area. We will always take all the steps necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
- Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session; and
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
- You to enter your password less frequently during your use of our Site;
- Us to provide information that is targeted to your interests;
- Us to promote and enforce trust and safety;
- Us to measure promotional effectiveness; and
- Us to analyse our Web page flow.
You are always free to decline cookies if your browser permits. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on the Site, and you may be required to reenter your password more frequently while using the Site.
If you are a Registered User of the Site, your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your Volante Technologies password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal data with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal data and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify us and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Data
If you are Registered User of the Site, you can see, review and change your personal data settings by logging into the Site with your user name and password. You can control what information you wish to receive and via what channels or exercise your “right to be forgotten”.
If you are not a Registered User of the Site you can control what information you wish to receive and via what channels by clicking on the ‘Update Your Preferences’ link present at the bottom of any communication Volante Technologies sends to you. If you are not a Registered User and you click on ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any communication Volante Technologies sends to you, Volante Technologies will uphold your “right to be forgotten’ and your data will be erased and all communication will cease.
In all cases, any person can request details of what data Volante Technologies holds about them at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Retention of Personal Data
Where a contractual relationship exists pertaining to your personal data that enables us to provide services and products to you and/or your company it may be necessary to retain personal data in order to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We will retain your Personal Data for no longer than is necessary for those purposes. We will periodically review the Personal Data for deletion of the records that are no longer needed.
We have adopted a procedure to receive and respond to complaints and inquiries about our policies and practices relating to the handling of personal data. We will investigate all complaints in respect of personal data. If a complaint is justified, we will take appropriate measures, including, as necessary, amending our policies and practices. Any inquiries or complaints regarding this Policy or our practices relating to the handling of personal data should be addressed to email@example.com.
For further information on our privacy policies and practices relating to the handling of Personal data, contact us by postal mail to 185, Hudson Street, Plaza 5, Jersey City, NJ 08550, USA or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.