Digital transformation is driving rapid change. Legacy systems need to be replaced, but also kept running smoothly until newer systems take over. Financial messaging standards and formats are continually expanding, as customers and partners demand real-time API access to business services. And enterprise architectures are quickly moving to the 24x7 cloud.
Traditional approaches can't keep up. Ad-hoc integrations with generic middleware or custom code quickly become tomorrow's legacy technology, raising your maintenance costs and delaying deliveries. They make it harder for your technology investments to deliver business results, and increase complexity everywhere.
Volante Designer can help you simplify complexity and manage the pace of change. Spend less time maintaining, and more time designing and building.
Who Uses Designer?
Read the press release
As financial messaging standards change consistently, it is essential we maintain agility and thought leadership throughout the Industry. It is therefore vital that we are provided with solutions that ensure data quality, improve operational efficiencies and prepare for future developments.
Over 90 organizations worldwide use Volante Designer for mission-critical business information, data integration, and message translation and transformation challenges
Retail Banks | Commercial Banks | Investment Banks | Custodians | Broker-Dealers | Asset Managers | Market Infrastructures | Card Networks | Buy-Side | Sell-Side | Payment Service Providers | Corporations
Volante Designer is a modular software platform capable of handling the most complex data integration and management challenges, allowing you to connect disparate systems and build new API and cloud-ready services, accelerating digital transformation across all of financial services.
Message Processing, Transformation and Validation
- Transform messages from any format or schema to any other
- Validate hundreds of different message types
- Handle messages sourced from human input as well as readable data formats (PDF, Excel…)
- Normalize, enrich, orchestrate and route
- Address the challenges posed by ever evolving messaging standards
- Support SWIFT MT, SWIFT MX, ISO 20022, FIX, FPML and more
- 100+ standards libraries maintained and growing
- 250+ customizable and bidirectional transformations
API and Microservices Support
- Design comprehensive API-driven solutions
- RESTful APIs and Google RPCs
- Integrate into hybrid environments using standardized interfaces Smoothly interoperate with standard API management tools - WS02, Apigee, Mulesoft
- Open API specifications: Swagger, RAML, Google Protobuf
- Microservices Registry Servers: Consul, Eureka, Zookeeper
- Easily incorporate API services from Volante, your institution, or third parties
- Quickly build highly scalable cloud-based multi-tenant applications
- Public, private or hybrid clouds
- Simplify development of native high-availability solutions with OSGi code generation
- Support container technologies including Docker and Kubernetes
Automated UI Generation
- Automatically render web-based screens for any defined format using user-friendly names
- Eliminate errors caused by incompatibility between data entry/repair UIs and underlying schemas and rules
- End-to-end capability for message entry and repair of complex message structures - including optional fields, repeating sections, fields with default values
- Support simple and complex rules for data validation and enrichment
- Built-in exception processing
- Eliminate overhead of creating solution documentation- docs are automatically generated from schemas and rules configured in the design process
- Eliminate errors caused by mismatches between solution documentation and runtime behavior
- Share with your clients and development partners to ensure consistency of data structures, rules and interfaces
- Reduce testing time and go live faster
- Interface with any source or destination data source or database, or middleware
- File, (S)FTP, MQ
- Streaming interfaces - Kafka, Hadoop for big data
- Direct connect to applications by accessing internal Java objects
- Read/write from any database, relational or otherwise, SQL or no-SQL
- Oracle, DB2, MS-SQL, mySQL, SAP Hana DB, MongoDB, Cassandra
- Use completely different databases and schemas for read and write operations
- Independently maximize performance for transaction processing and reporting / analytics
Volante Designer has been used to solve complex technical problems in many areas of financial services
Eliminate or migrate traditional middleware with modern tools that let you move data seamlessly between applications
Open Source Adoption
Facilitate adoption of open source technologies - middleware, open source stack, databases and more
Integrating Legacy Platforms
Integrate legacy platforms with each other and with modern applications, with minimal impact to legacy infrastructure
Read the briefing:
"Extending the Life of Your Legacy Systems"
Client Onboarding and Partner Integration
Accelerate client onboarding and simplify integration of partner technologies
Cleanse data from multiple sources to improve straight-through processing and minimize errors in downstream systems
Enrich data throughout the processing lifecycle using reference data and context-aware business logic, through configuration
Reconcile transaction data and message flows, and identify exceptions quickly
Volante Designer is a suite of modular software tools capable of handling the most complex data integration and management challenges. From arrival, through process workflows, downstream integrations, persistence into databases, metadata-based governance, and model-based new development, each component offers a new and better way to address the challenges of data management.
‘Designer’ defines the workflow of data processes. It takes into account how information is routed between parties, what the parties seek to do with it, what type of data it is (eg SWIFT, FIX, FpML etc), the source, validity, structure, exceptions processing and how it needs to be transformed to be consumed by other parties or ‘target’ applications. Volante’s code-generation user- interface enables you to build ‘cartridges’ (logic which ultimately generates code) based upon the models for ‘sources’ or ‘targets’.
Designer provides a comprehensive data management framework, supporting standards and normalisation, data flow and workflow, virtualisation and SOAs, data governance, and model-driven initiatives.
Volante Composer is the central component of Volante Designer. With its spreadsheet-style or drag & drop interfaces, users can easily map message and data definitions from source to destination, with the freedom to customize standard and proprietary formats to real-world requirements.
Rules can easily be defined based on a vast set of formulae available in the interface. When completed, these elements of message processing are represented as a model or cartridge, which is converted to code via Java code generation with the ability to easily choose the target technical infrastructure. If the infrastructure changes the user simply needs to redeploy the model. At the same time user and support documentation are also generated as HTML or PDF artifacts.
By adopting a "model - to - code "approach, customers typically save upwards of 60 % in cost and time to implement data and process integrations. < /p>
Volante Format Plug-ins simplify the design process. They enable users of Volante Composer to design data integrations quickly without needing to learn complex data standards and rules.
The result is not only the faster delivery of integration projects, but the ability to rapidly integrate to any platform or application, even including home-grown systems and message types.
Providing message libraries and related validation rules, Format Plug-ins deliver out-of-the-box support for standard formats including SWIFT, FIX, FpML, EDI, Reuters, etc., as well as more generic formats such as XML, ASCII, CSV and Cobol Copybook.
Volante Code Generators automatically convert cartridge models into runtime libraries in native code for virtually any infrastructure environment.
The generated code can also be invoked from within applications, eliminating latency and unnecessary transformation hops. The model driven approach allows client development teams to benefit from using an acceleration tool while still being able to embed the generated artefacts within their overall projects either by integrating directly with Volante Designer’s concrete java API or via RESTful APIs.
When transactions are originated by manual data entry – such as by asset managers or brokers – there can be an inherent risk of errors. As these errors are propagated downstream, the result can be costly, manifesting themselves as rejected SWIFT messages or unsettled transactions.
Designed to support financial messaging formats in the workflow systems of other vendors, DynamicForms allows automatic rendering of web-based screens for wire-format messages such as those used in SWIFT or FIX.
Key features of DynamicForms for Message Entry and Repair:
- Automated generation of the user interface
- User-friendly field names, rather than arcane names used by message dictionaries
- Management of complex message structures - including optional fields, repeating sections, fields with default values, etc.
- Validation rules for input data
- Ability to specify data enrichment rules for input data
- Ability to persist messages to a database
- Mapping of the user input to various formats (e.g. SWIFT, FIX), without requiring coding
- Deployable on a variety of infrastructure platforms
- May be integrated with a variety of workflow and exception processing systems
Business domain solutions
Looking for solutions for a specific business domain? We’ve done the hard work for you already.
The VolPay Ecosystem of business services for payments transformation and innovation
Financial Messaging Automation
Financial messaging, SWIFT, ISO 20022
Capital Markets and Regtech
Regulatory Reporting, Data Lakes, Securities, Custody